Abigail

Abigail
In my new home.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

more of the past

I stayed in that room for 4 more weeks. Dad was in there quite a lot working on a machine called a "computer".  Mum slept with me every night. I had food, (but no more raw turkey), water, and a litter box. I've never seen so many toys....

Then once I escaped into the hallway between Mum's room (her office) and mine.  I helped in a big fight between this huge (over 25 pounds) orange one-eyed cat called Poppy or Popeye and a large gray and white male with some splotches and stripes.  They call him Gary.  I knew the huge cat was at fault!  Of course, I had to protect this Gary so I struck this Poppy on the rear.  He's had quite the absess and infection since then.  He's missing a 2-inch diameter patch of hair.  Mum treated him with something called peroxide and Amoxcillin.  He's better now, but I learned he was not at fault.  It was Gary! The humans here call him "pugnasious."  I think that means he provokes fights with other cats.  I've seen them but I try to stay out so I won't claw the wrong one. 

After awhile I was let into the main part of a very small house during the day and early evening. At bedtime (Dad calls it "beddy-by time")  Mum and I stayed in my room at night.  I was allowed any other time if someone was home.  I found this high carpeted contraption I could climb to see all around.  I discovered the very high (near the ceiling) cabinets that I could jump upon.  I didn't break anything, like Mum said all her other Aby cats did.

There was a large plastic ball by a door.  I was sooo curious.  I would try to roll the ball away, but I was always, with a pointed finger, told "No". 

After about a week, I was allowed in the main part with door uncovered so long as someone was there. There was a little door.  I watched other cats go out that door and later come in again.  Eventually, I figured out that I could go out that door into a huge funny looking room that had no furniture. What fun!  But Mum and Dad argued about how she had blocked a door and no one could go in or out....

No comments:

Post a Comment