Abigail

Abigail
In my new home.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who Am I?

My name is Abigail. I have a legal name of Rulissa Malena.  Where I lived before they called me:  Iddy Biddy.  Since I had so little personal contact with the people there, I didn't know the name.

You see I am an Abyssinian Queen used for breeding at a cattery.  There I was kept in a cage for most of my three years of life.  I was out of the cage to have my 2 litters of kits by "Cesarean Section."  At least that's what they called it.

I only remember waking up to kits and my sore belly.  When the kits were 6 weeks old I would be locked in a room with them for another 6 weeks.  Then the kits were gone and I was back in the cage.  However, the first time I got out of the room I had quite an adventure outdoors.  The people I lived with got sooooo mad.  I refused to go back in the house for 3 days, but I got hungry and I was caught in a strange cage where they had placed food to catch me.  So back to my regular cage.

No one really played with my kits or me.  This time I left the kits and was put in this little cloth cage and taken in that thing called a "car".  I'd been in one a few times before when I came home with kits, or had this woman stick me.  That happened again the day before these 2 humans came to take me away.

I was terrified, but I didn't make any noise at all on this long ride here.  And a whole new adventure I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment