Abigail

Abigail
In my new home.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Days

I arrived in my new home on July 10, 2010.  I was born July 7, 2007 in Louisville, KY.  I guess, according to some cats in California that is my "adoptive-birthday".  I lived in a cage for 3 years except 4 times.  I was taken in a car to be "innoculated".  That hurt.  There were 2 other times I was taken to the same place (the other cats say a "vet"). Apparently., both times I had a "Caesarean Section.".  They cut my abdomen.  I came home drowsy with some kits who wanted fed even though my belly hurt.  The first time my kits disappeared one day. I had been allowed to live in a room with them for 6 weeks.  I escaped.  Boy, were the humans  mad! I had quite the adventure, but they caught me by using food in a strange cage. Of course they put me back in my cage.  The second time after my freedom of 6 weeks with my kits, Mum came to get me and I was taken from the kits to go to a new home.  I am the daughter of Grand Champion Rw Rulissa Lazarus Long and Champion Red Ferne Zalika of Rulissa.  (an El Qahira line, a very famous cattery).  Of course I handled it with dignity appropriate my lineage.  They call me a "Rescue Cat", I guess because I was a "throw-a-way".  I was very quiet in this little cloth cage for a long drive.  I was petrified!  When I arrived at this new place I stayed in the little cage for about an hour and then released into this room where there was a big soft comfortabl bed.  She fed me some raw turkey  like I was fed at the cattery, but she said from now on I couldn't have raw food, because of something, salmon????.  I don;t think that it is a fish.  I wouldn't let Mum touch me for 4 days.  Then she learned about the cat "kiss".  She would blin her eyes several times.  When I felt comfortable also, I blinked back showing that I was beginning to trust her. She slept with me, she says to "bond".  We had no problems until this big black evil-looking cat came in the room one night and was going to get on the bed by her.  Of course, I attacked and chased him around the room. She went ballistic because she thought he was trying to kill me. He is 4 times my size. The screams were awful, but I protected my Mum from the devil....

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it away from that place and now have a new forever home! Good for you protecting your mom from the black cat!

    ReplyDelete