Abigail

Abigail
In my new home.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Days

I was born July 2, 2007 in Louisville, KY.  I come from a long line of Champions and Grand Champions.  The most famous cattery is E-Qahira.  I am a Red Abby. People tell me I look like a red fox or red squirel. At least the fur coloring.  It's called ticking.  I've never seen either animal, even when I ran, (they called me a "runner"). When Mum took me in the house I stayed in my tiny cage for awhile in a room. She set up my cat box, food, and water.  I still had my super cat toy.  She said it was shaped like an ice cream cone.  It smelled so good, and it actually seems to make me feel happier and not so scared.  She called  me a "rescue Aby".  I guess that's the name for a group that finds new homes for "throw-a-way" cats.  She adopted me July 10, 2010.  I guess that's my "adopta-birthday".  I heard that term from some other cats who also talk about themselves.  Miss E, Mum's best friend, send their writings to us.  She fed me some raw turkey like I was fed at the Cattery, but she said it was bad to eat it raw.  She used a term, "Samon somethin".  I don't think it is fish.  She said it could be a poison and I had to learn to eat other catfood like the other cats.  Even though I was confined with Mum, I could smell the odors of other cats.  Mum slept with me for 4 weeks.  She is to me just like my mother, Champion Red Ferne Zalika of Rulissa.  What a name!  I think worse than my registered name. My father is Grand Champion Rulisssa Lazarus Long (a rudy).  It took 4 days until I allowed her to touch me.  She would blink at me several times a day.  Then I blinked back showing herr that I was beginning to trust her. She locked me in that room and barricaded me from the hallway by a rocking chair, a rocking horse, and other stuff in case I ran out of the room like I really wanted to.  Boy, did I have quite the fright.  Apparently, a big cat named Blackie used to sleep on the bed in that room.  He got in there and tried to get next to Mum.  I had to protect her from that evil black cat, so I jumped him and chased him around the room.  Mum was so frightened.  She said she thought he was trying to kill me.  He was 4 times my size, but I chased him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment